Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Emergency, perhaps so: Black swan

The gorgeous Black Swan trailer has arrived in glorious quicktime. But here it is in YouTube though, really, go watch it at Apple Trailers where you can blow it up big and be amaze-ed. I can barely type from the shaking. I'd like to do a yes, no, maybe so but I am only yes. Or rather, a GOD YES.Though I am not generally prone to visually vomiting out trailer screencaps, I make an exception today since I love the work of DP Matthew Libatique (still awaiting an Oscar nom. grrrrr) and the movie looks dark, dangerous and all around delicious. And I don't even like ballet!*Here are twelve shots** in chronological order.pretty princess ballerina all by her lonesomeStrained Natalie Portman, adult sized with a little girl voice.Barbara f'in Hershey in a role that might be worthy of her?I dare not hope.ballerina so sad -- hey, what's that on my back?Bitchy carefree sexy rival Mila Kunis. Boo! Hiss! Yum!?!Ballerina Doubled = Self Loathing Metaphor???These shots FREAK ME OUT.Natalie watching her Star Wars performance on perma-loop.A little 'me' time. Wait, isn't she getting plenty of me time byseeing herself everywhere she goes? She'll go blind!At this point I was totally scared for my/her life.holy. shit.Alternate Title: MUST SEEJust...chills. Especially once Natalie Portman's ballerina starts splintering. I can only pray that along with the disintegration of her psyche -- I assume that's why she's turning against herself, is it a self haunting? -- she lies to herself since Women Who Lie To Themselvesâ„¢ is the greatest of film genres.Director Darren Aronofsky has yet to make anything less than a must see. Even his weakest effort Pi, was a pretty stunning calling card. Though I suppose if I had to nitpick to try and smother excitement so it stays at normal levels rather than fanboy droolings, three things that are bugging me about this here Black Swan.
  • I already wish it were shot on celluloid and..! .
  • The nearest film I can think of as a reference point for girlie supernatural terror is Rosemary's Baby and the nearest reference point for girl who seems to be multiple girls at once is Mulholland Dr and few films are ever as good as either of those so... uh... good luck with the company you keep.
  • I hate that Barbara Hershey isn't named. She's a f**king Oscar nominee and she's f**king great in certain roles. I hope this is one of them.
  • *Isn't that weird. Because I love dance in general. But ballet. Something stops me from loving it.** Can you believe I didn't screencap the lesbian makeout between Mila Kunis and Natalie? What's wrong with me.
    Great classic films, best all time movies

    No comments:

    Post a Comment