Monday, July 26, 2010

âStriking it with your more better projectile â

It's a new participatory series! I've been thinking lately about favorite images from movies: How they happen, what they say about the viewer, whether they represent the movie as a whole or if they're just our preferred vision of the movie. It's deep thoughts vs. eye candy, essentially, or both at once if you're lucky. This train of thought started chugging down the track when I highlighted this image from X-Men (2000) a couple of weeks back, which I think the best in the film.It just says so many things about the movie plus it's damn pretty to look at.So for the month of August, I'll be experimenting with a "Hit Me With Your Best Shot"â„¢ series. I'll select my favorite screenshot from a movie and I'll lin! k up to anyone who does the same on their own blog, twitpic, tumblr, flickr, whathaveyou. It'll be a veritable orgy of screenshots from the movie. We can see what different people see in the same movie! You can just post your favorite image or post and write about it... or post more than one if you're the indecisive type. You can do whatever you'd like... bend the rules to make it fun for yourself if you need. I'd love it to be participatory but even if it's just me posting an image, I hope you enjoy. Here's the schedule. I hope you'll play along.The Schedule
  • Fri, July 30th X-Men (2000) [instant watch]The Warm Up. If you happen to feel like sharing your favorite image from that mutant superhero movie, e-mail me once you've posted it, and I'll do a X-Blog link roundup starring you that evening.
  • Wed, August 4th Showgirls (1995)The Debut. Because all blog series should begin with this movie, right? And I wanted to start with something familar.
  • Wed, Augus! t 11th The HBO Adaptation of Angels In America You can choose ! one imag e or one from each "chapter" or one from Pt. 1 Millenium Approaches and one from Pt. 2 Perestroika. It's a freeform event. Participate in whichever way you want. I'm currently writing a piece for a magazine on this so it's on my brain. Let's make it a hive brain to prepare for the Broadway revival in the fall.
  • Wed, August 18th Black Narcissus (1947)[instant watch]A little Deborah Kerr. I've been meaning to watch this for years and years.
We'll see how that goes. Maybe it'll be fun? It it's not, we'll wrap up on August 18th. It's an experiment. Play along!*
Great classic films, best all time movies

No comments:

Post a Comment